top of page
- Aug 12, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PMZoomJoin us online for an afternoon of conversation and catching up on all things Scottish. Dames & Drams events are open to everyone! This is a perfect event for those interested to find out more about SAWS and meet some incredible Dames! Zoom link will be sent to those on the RSVP list.
- Apr 15, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PMNew York, New York, NY, USASAWS is headed for New York City to march in the New York City 25th Annual Tartan Day Parade. We'd love to see you along the parade route. To learn more about New York City Tartan Week and the NYC Tartan Day Parade, click here: https://www.nyctartanweek.org/
- Apr 08, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PMvia ZoomGrab your favorite afternoon refreshment and join us for a Zoom social hour! Hosted by SAWS founding member Maria Ward, let's catch up on all things Scottish that you've been into recently and share plans for upcoming events! Zoom link will be sent out to those who RSVP.
- Sat 11 Mar11SatMarYou Coo Can Conquer the West Highland Way/Virtual Zoom Event
- Mar 04, 12:00 PM – Mar 05, 1:30 PMAlexandria, Old Town, Alexandria, VA, USADon't miss the 40th Ballyshaners St. Patrick's Day Parade taking place in Old Towne Alexandria on 4 March. SAWS members will be marching along with members of the Virginia Scottish Games. Make sure to give us a wave when we pass by. No RSVP required to attend.
- Feb 11, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM ESTCity of Fairfax Regional Library, 10360 North St, Fairfax, VA 22030, USAChris Barbuschak, Archivist and Librarian of the City of Fairfax Regional Library will share the library's resources for researching Scottish and Scots-Irish genealogy. This will be offered simultaneously as a virtual event. RSVPs are required.
- Jan 21, 1:00 PM – Jan 22, 3:00 PMGreen Spring Gardens & Historic House, 4603 Green Spring Rd, Alexandria, VA 22312, USAThis member's only event will feature a lecture on the life and times of Robert Burns by the Green Springs historian Deborah Waugh, followed by High Tea in their 1784 historic house.
- Dec 10, 2022, 2:00 PM EST – Dec 11, 2022, 4:00 PM ESTMember's Home & Zoom Online, Herndon, VA 20170, USAIt's time again for the SAWS annual Christmas Ceilidh! Song, dance, instrumentals, poetry, festive recipes, and more! This is when we feature all the hidden (and not so hidden) talents of our members. RSVP required to receive in-person meet-up location.
- Nov 12, 2022, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM ESTG34.3 Brewing Company, 8532 Terminal Rd, Lorton, VA 22079, USAMake plans to join us for our next, in-person Dames & Drams networking event themed "Books, Bites & Beer." This is your chance to share your favorite reads (fiction or non-fiction) featuring Scotland and/or its people and culture. RSVPs are required to make sure we have enough room for everyone.
- Oct 08, 2022, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDTZoomGather a dram, your firewood, and your stones, and join us for this Dames & Drams when friends of SAWS will share a brief history of Samhain and how it is celebrated today. Use the RSVP below to receive a Zoom invite and to learn more about this informative event.
- Sep 10, 2022, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDTThe Auld Shebeen, 3971 Chain Bridge Rd, Fairfax, VA 22030, USAWe’re excited to announce we are meeting IN PERSON for our next Dames & Drams event at The Auld Shebeen in Fairfax, VA. We’ll be gathering in The Yeats Library immediately following their weekly traditional Irish music session. Come on out and join us for some great food, drink and craic!
- Aug 13, 2022, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDTZoomDo you know the difference between a Braemer Stone and an Open Stone? How about the Caber Toss and the Sheaf Toss? Join Dames & Drams to learn these answers and more from SAWS members that regularly participate in Highland Athletics. Details available under RSVP below.
- Jul 09, 2022, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDTZoomFresh back from her trip to Scotland, SAWS Chair Meaghan Sniegowski will share highlights from her whisky tour of Islay-one of the five whisky regions of Scotland. She'll also share photos of the beautiful scenery, and information on how you, too, can enjoy the same adventure. RSVP below.
- Jun 11, 2022, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDTVirtualDames & Drams is a networking event scheduled for this Saturday, June 11 from 2:00-4:00 PM. It is open to anyone interested in learning more about their Scottish heritage or SAWS. Considering membership? Join us for a Dames & Drams! See details under RSVP below.
bottom of page